Hi Everyone! My name is Savannah and I am currently a senior at Florida State University. I am majoring in studio art and minoring in education and am planning on applying to the grad school Art Education program. I am from Orlando, FL and have lived in Florida for the majority of my life. I hope to get a job as an art teacher somewhere in Florida after I graduate with my Art Education masters in 2023. My goal is to eventually work my way up to being a high school level art teacher.

    I personally do not have a wide range of technological experiences especially outside of the classroom or homework assignments. However, I have taken a few graphic design courses throughout the BA program so I know my way around the Adobe suite for the most part. I also know how to use PowerPoint, Microsoft word, and Google slides. I am somewhat technologically challenged as I tend to lean towards the old way of doing everything by hand and on paper. I do hope to learn more throughout the rest of my time in college so that I am prepared for the technologically advanced outside world.

    When it comes to my personal learning networks I feel I learn best bu being hands on in the classroom rather that sitting and listening to lectures all day. I also tend to remember notes better when i take them by hand and write them neatly in a notebook and create small doodles nearby to help me remember more difficult concepts. I overall am a very hands on and visual learner so these are the techniques that work best for me. I also like to take advantage of school resources such as access to the adobe suite, the writing labs, and the career center. Between these important resources I am able to get help on putting together portfolios and resumes for jobs and then am able to get help from the career center on making professional connections. These resources have been so much help in the past and I plan to continue using them for as long as I can to help me be successful.

Comments

  1. Hey Savannah! First of I would like to say congratulations on almost having your Masters! That's so exciting and becoming a high school art teacher sounds like a very fun job to have. I would also agree about not having an extensive background with technology outside of schoolwork. Another thing that we have in common is taking notes on paper instead of online. I feel as though I retain the information better when I write it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment