Blog #10

 

As a teacher I think that tools like Qualtrics and other data collection survey tolls could be very helpful in my future classroom. I may be able to use it to see where everyone feels they are at as far as understanding certain key concepts being reviewed in the classroom. I could also use these kinds of surveys as a way to administer mini quizzes to see if the students are understanding the content. I personally want to teach middle school art which means I could use these kinds of tools to see if they understand certain drawing techniques or see if they can remember artists and artworks discussed in class.

I feel the most interesting topic I found on my classmate’s blogs was regarding the website design in blog 8. It was interesting to see who was struggling with the same issues I was when putting my website together. I also really enjoyed being able to access everyone’s websites and seeing what everyone else did for the assignment. I also had a lot of fun looking at the memes and bitmoji classrooms that everyone posted. I am a very visual learner and am hoping to become an art teacher so all of the creative posts were the most fun for me to look at.

   I personally did not work on tech-flex much throughout the semester. However, I do feel that tools such as this where students are motivated to earn badges as proof of their progress can help to keep them engaged. The digital badges serve as a reward for completing assignments and showing your understanding. This rewards for academic success and good behavior tend to work well when it comes to running a classroom though it should not be used all of the time.

I would love to learn more about how to make things such as worksheets for the classroom. I plan on having worksheets in my future classroom to keep information such as artists, artworks, vocabulary, etc. organized throughout the year. I think that programs such as word, canva, and excel could possibly hep me when it comes to this. I think that a great way to go about achieving this goal is to explore these tools more and look up more tutorial videos in order to get a better understanding of how to work these programs and create professional looking worksheets for my classroom.

Comments