Blog #10

 

As a teacher I think that tools like Qualtrics and other data collection survey tolls could be very helpful in my future classroom. I may be able to use it to see where everyone feels they are at as far as understanding certain key concepts being reviewed in the classroom. I could also use these kinds of surveys as a way to administer mini quizzes to see if the students are understanding the content. I personally want to teach middle school art which means I could use these kinds of tools to see if they understand certain drawing techniques or see if they can remember artists and artworks discussed in class.

I feel the most interesting topic I found on my classmate’s blogs was regarding the website design in blog 8. It was interesting to see who was struggling with the same issues I was when putting my website together. I also really enjoyed being able to access everyone’s websites and seeing what everyone else did for the assignment. I also had a lot of fun looking at the memes and bitmoji classrooms that everyone posted. I am a very visual learner and am hoping to become an art teacher so all of the creative posts were the most fun for me to look at.

   I personally did not work on tech-flex much throughout the semester. However, I do feel that tools such as this where students are motivated to earn badges as proof of their progress can help to keep them engaged. The digital badges serve as a reward for completing assignments and showing your understanding. This rewards for academic success and good behavior tend to work well when it comes to running a classroom though it should not be used all of the time.

I would love to learn more about how to make things such as worksheets for the classroom. I plan on having worksheets in my future classroom to keep information such as artists, artworks, vocabulary, etc. organized throughout the year. I think that programs such as word, canva, and excel could possibly hep me when it comes to this. I think that a great way to go about achieving this goal is to explore these tools more and look up more tutorial videos in order to get a better understanding of how to work these programs and create professional looking worksheets for my classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technology and How to Stay Up to Date

Blog Journal #4