Blog #9

 

    This semester I luckily was able to get most of my classes in person and this happens to be my only distance learning class. I appreciate that distance learning like this online class gives you the ability to do the work on your own time throughout the week. However, I am not a big fan of distance learning for the most part. I feel it is much harder for me to focus when I am not in the classroom as well as feel it is difficult when you cannot see your professors in person every week to get clarifications on certain things.

 

    Open education resources (OER) are extremely valuable especially when it comes to teaching at school that may not have the money to access newer textbooks or physical materials. Allowing access to updated lesson plans and projects ideas allows for all students to remain on a more level playing field. One OER that I found especially helpful when I was in school was Khan Academy. This website has so many open resources to any lessons or content you may need help with or clarification on. The best part is that it Is free to access all of these resources by just creating an account. I have attached the link to Khan Academy below.

 

    I feel like I was able to learn a lot about how to put together a successful PowerPoint throughout these last two projects. I am not very good at navigating technological applications but the videos I was able to watch with the tutorials were very helpful. I never knew about being able to create your own layout for a PowerPoint and save it. I also was not aware of how to add navigation buttons to the slides in order to make it more usable for students, parents, and other teachers to use. I still do feel that I can continue to improve on my presentation making skills and hope that more assignments like this in my future will help me to be better prepared. 

 

Khan Academy link: https://www.khanacademy.org/

Comments