Blog Journal #5

 
    I personally have not used twitter much throughout my life unless it was for a college course. The first time I ever used twitter was in one of my first college English courses. We used it for posting comments about issues or articles we had read in class as well as used it to discuss these things with other students in the class. I have only used twitter for academic purposes and have not used it recreationally or professionally before. However, I do think that this is a useful resource for making connections with other people in your field of work in order to expand your professional network.

    The digital divide amongst schools has begun to negatively impact those students who do not have access to technology in schools. Technology is becoming more involved in the classroom and in the real world every day. The students need to be prepared to use all of these new technologies once they are higher up in their education and in the real world. By not giving equal access to this technology to all schools like there is a clear difference in success between those who have access to this technology for their education and those that do not. I think that if all the students in my classroom do not have access to a computer or some form of technology at home then this will make it more difficult to send them home with research assignments and project preparations. It would mean that I would have to find some way to help those students get access to a computer sometime during class or before or after school so that they do not fall behind.

    I would like to one day implement the Microsoft suite and adobe suite in my classroom. I want to be an art teacher and feel that technology is making more and more of an impact on art every day. The Microsoft software will be for students to write about their projects explaining the reasons behind their artistic decisions in their works. Then, I would want Powerpoint for the students to use for creating their yearly artist and artwork analysis  presentations. I would like the adobe suite in order to give my students the opportunity to learn about all different mediums of art and learn more about how to utilize graphic design.

Comments